When I asked our coaches who should have the Athlete Spotlight for August – these are the responses I received:
“He consistently shows up, has made vast improvements in all movements, including body weight and OLY, and has a ton of ambition. He’s always willing to listen to coaching cues, and makes every effort to incorporate our advice into his workouts. Plus he’s cool.”
“Very friendly… Genuinely asks how you’re doing with a smile. Obviously grateful for coaching feedback.”
It’s pretty clear Scott is a valued member of our community. Keep up the hard work Scott!
1. How did you first hear about Crossfit?
I learned about CrossFit a few years ago after watching the CrossFit Games on tv. I also had a co-worker that was big into it and he gave me some crossfit type workouts to do when I belonged to a regular gym.
2. What does Crossfit Mendota mean to you?
CrossFit Mendota is something I look forward to everyday. I can’t wait to get done with work and get to the gym. CFM welcomed me with open arms and has since evolved into a major part of my week. I enjoy the supportive and helpful environment and love the competitive nature without being overly individualistic.
3. What is your favorite movement in crossfit and if you could make up any workout what would it be? I really like any of the power lifts and I love the team of 3 weight lifting WODS that we have been doing on Wednesdays. The three lifts I would choose would be back squats, clean and jerks, and deadlifts.
4. Tell us 3 things we may not already know about you?
I love photography and would like to think that I am relatively good at it!
In high school I played soccer, basketball, baseball, ran track, and kicked for the fooball team.
I am currently working to get certified as an EMT and will be applying this fall and working towards becoming a firefighter/paramedic
5. What does a typical day look like in the life of Scott?
I get up around 4:30am, get to work at StoneRidge Golf Club around 5:15 (this will get later and later as we get into the fall), wrap up with work between 2:30 and 3:00pm, stop home and change then head to CFM, head home, shower and eat dinner. Pretty uneventful!
6. If you were a super hero what power would you want and why?
Probably invisibility, I’d like the ability to sneak into sporting events, concerts, and other places I shouldn’t be without paying!
7. If you were placed on an island and could only bring 3 things with you what would they be?
water proof matches
some kind of water purification tool
8. Favorite CrossFit Mendota memory?
Memorial Day Murph with the CFM community and Zach and Adam. On a lighter side, my first baseline workout with Pat and I got dizzy and almost threw-up (I thought I was in much better shape than I apparently was, haha)